NotShatner.dot Blogamabob

NotShatner.dot Blogamabob
Your Humble Host

Sunday, March 2, 2008

South By South America

I did a celebrity ride-along once in a crop-duster over Colombia.

Tito, the pilot, was a cut-up. At least, I assume he was. I don't know much Castilliano.

Doesn't matter - he was a happy fellow.

Tito did some wild banking when we took rifle fire, but never enough to spill my drink. Very professional.

He came in low and started dumping herbicides.

Field workers ran for cover, screaming. Women clutched their babies.

Birds took flight and monkeys scattered.

Turns out it was a corn field. Tito said something about a maze. I think he was hallucinating.

Apparently the amphetamines were making us both confused.

Either way, it taught me a great thing about laughter.

It's the same in every language.
  \

No comments: